By calling the university's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) AT 392-5787, employees can receive individual consultation sessions or be referred to community providers or agencies for assistance in dealing with drug and alcohol abuse. The EAP is free and confidential, and all university employees, including Other Personnel Services (OPS) employees, are eligible.

Students may seek assistance at:

Many student organizations also provide an opportunity to become involved in alcohol and drug education projects. For general information about student organizations, contact Student Activities & Involvement. 

Help for all members of the university community is available through Alcoholics Anonymous at 372-8091 and Narcotics Anonymous at 376-8008. Additional places where one can get treatment are listed in the Gainesville telephone directory under the headings "Alcoholism Information and Treatment Centers" and "Drug Abuse and Addiction Information and Treatment."