The Division of Student Affairs is committed to developing concrete steps to further diversity and inclusion as well as continually improve the campus climate for students and staff, to the level that we can influence and contribute to that.
Our strategic plan has a five prong approach of:
- Commitment to Diversity from the Vice President for Student Affairs
- Education, Programming, and Initiatives
- Human Resources and Development
- Accountability through Assessment
Diversity and Social Justice Statement for the Division of Student Affairs
The University of Florida’s Division of Student Affairs fosters a community that values and respects diversity. An inclusive definition of diversity recognizes the variety of personal and social experiences that make individuals and communities different from one another. These differences include race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, size, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, veteran status, and the many other ways one might identify. The UF community has a shared responsibility to demonstrate integrity, respect, compassion and opportunity by:
- Challenging biases within ourselves and others
- Inspiring individuals to foster inclusion in their daily lives
- Engaging others in spirited dialogue about differing opinions, perspectives, and values
- Respecting our community as a marketplace of free ideas
- Creating a rich educational environment that is dedicated to social justice
- Implementing conflict resolution practices for differences that impact our community
- Maintaining a safe environment for civil and respectful communication
The foundation of our commitment to lead and serve the global community is a just and equitable Gator Nation.